Shawn did something unexpected this year for our anniversary. He planned a trip in secrecy for us. He even called to get my sister Ginger and Chrissy to watch our girls! Pretty impressive huh? I had no idea where we were going until I saw the signs on the way there. He did a very good job. So where did he take us you ask? Well I have never been to Las Vegas, so we went! No no no, we didn't gamble or anything of the nature that normal goers go and do, we just went to sight see. Those hotels are absolutely amazing. We walked about 15 miles going into all the big hotels on the strip. It was really weird being away from the girls, and we couldn't wait to get back to them, it was nice to take a moment (well two days) and just focus on each other. Very rejuvenating. Well now I can say that I have been to Viva Las Vegas. Not that I care to go back ever again (because of the filth), but see I have proof I've been....Shawn was taking a big chunk out of that giant jelly belly statue of liberty. Tasty.
We went to Italy, Rome, Egypt, Africa... man we really get around fast huh? :) This was my favorite hotel... This is inside the Venetian , is that the one with the gondola? Well whatever that one is called. I liked that one the best. This is the inside, the ceilings were amazing!
Can you believe it's been 5 years? Neither can I!
8 years ago
4 comments:
You're welcome =)
Wow what a great trip! That's an awesome surprise- good job Shawn! I bet it was so nice to just be you 2 for a few days!
How fun!! I LOVE Vegas. I agree though it is pretty dirty, in more than one way. Someday I am so staying at the Bellagio hotel! Its on my list of things to do before I die. I doubt I will ever actually be able to afford a room there.
Happy Anniversary!!
Our best friends lived in Vegas for 2 years and they went many many times to just walk around and they said there was always MORE to see! We went to visit them but had our kids with us and with their ages at the time, we couldn't just walk forever, so unfortunately, we kinda saw nothing. Haha. So consider yourself lucky! And what a creative thoughtful husband! :)
Post a Comment